The General Athletics Meeting
Individual Sport Meetings
Baseball - Wednesday, March 9th at 6:30pm (Passcode: 9V7PQC)
Softball - Wednesday, March 9th at 6:30pm (Passcode: 446463)
Golf - Wednesday, March 9th at 6:30pm (Passcode: mYpaM3)
Girls Lacrosse - Wednesday, March 9th at 6:30pm (Passcode: gW64Ff)
Boys Tennis - Wednesday, March 9th at 6:30pm (Passcode: 7pNrSn)
Boys Volleyball - Wednesday, March 9th at 6:30pm (Passcode: 509)
Our Spring sports programs begin on Monday March 21st.
In order for each athlete to begin practice on their first day, all paperwork must be completed. If you have not done so already, please submit an updated Physical, RIIL Risk form, and Insurance form before the first practice session. Athletes without completed paperwork will not be allowed to participate and will be sent home. Information and links below.
1. Online Registration - please complete Online Registration here. First time families will need to create an account. If you already have an account please sign (If you do not remember your account information - please contact us for assistance - Do Not create a new account)
2. Physical: An athletic physical completed by your physician on or after June 15, 2021. The form must be completely filled out, dated, and signed by your physician. Physical Form
3. Rhode Island Interscholastic League Risk Form: All students in all grades must completely fill out 2 forms, and have each form notarized. (This form should only need to be completed once in each athlete's high school athletic career in Barrington.) RIIL Risk Form
4. School Insurance: Every student athlete must be covered with health insurance. The minimum required is the “school time” insurance policy. This form needs to be completed every year. Insurance Form (Complete the second page of this document)
5. Handbook for Student Athletes: Each student and parent must read and review the handbook, and agree to all policies and procedures. Athletics Handbook
Any paperwork still needed to be turned in (Physical, Risk, Insurance) can be put in a sealed envelope - "Attention Athletics" and dropped off in the blue collection box just inside the high school main entrance doors. Athletes will not be permitted to practice unless all information has been completed.
Please let us know if you have any questions.
With infection rates lower in our area restrictions have eased, however we will still continue to follow safety measures to keep everyone healthy.
Binax asymptomatic testing will be required for all unvaccinated athletes. If you have not completed it already, please complete this Binax testing consent form
In order to be exempt from testing for vaccinated athletes (if you have not already done so) please upload proof of vaccination to the athletes vaccination form linked here. Please use a barringtonschools.org email account to upload the document. If you have any questions, please contact Mr. Finn.
When we begin:
- Athletes and Coaches will continue ask daily screening questions
- Masks will be optional for all athletes and staff
- When possible. everyone is at least a minimum of 3 feet apart at all times on the sidelines and while in training and conditioning activities
- Athletes should minimize carpooling to reduce exposure
- Athletes being dropped off on site stay socially distanced
- Athletes should stay in the same stable group
Anyone with symptoms of COVID-19 should stay home from school and sports, notify the school of their symptoms, and contact their healthcare provider for advice. Staff or students with symptoms can call the PreK-12 COVID-19 Test Scheduling Service at 844-857-1814 or portal.ri.gov to schedule a test. You do not have to pay for testing. Even if you don’t have health insurance, you can get a test. The facilities, bathrooms, and other spaces used by the students and staff will be cleaned before students/staff return in accordance with guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Rhode Island Department of Health.
Coaches will be providing additional information about future communications and meetings. It will be important to make sure each athlete registers for their intended sport. Thank you.
Director of Athletics and Student Activities
Barrington Public Schools
Barrington, Rhode Island